Try RefWorks, a program to help you organize your research material and create bibliographies automatically.
Manuals - APA, MLA & Chicago
Print versions - available in the Library.
Online versions (for MLA and Chicago) - click on the MLA and Chicago tabs at the top of the page.
Chicago Manual of Style Updated 2010
The Chicago Manual of Style has been recently updated. This new 16th edition with a publication date of 2010 is the one available here online.
There are 2 print copies of this Manual available at the Reference Desk and in the Ready Reference Collection.
Changes in Citation Formats
Citation formats used frequently at Manhattanville were revised significantly in 2009-10.
APA (Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association) - 6th edition - revised in 2010
Chicago Manual of Style - 16th edition - revised in 2010
MLA (Modern Language Association) Handbook - 7th edition - revised in 2009
Citation Tip Sheets with Samples
The library staff has prepared Tip Sheets for each of the primary citation styles used at Manhattanville. Each provides sample citations and refers you to the proper section of the appropriate citation manual if you have further questions.
- APA Tip Sheet for Books - Revised 11/19/09
- APA Tip Sheet for Periodicals - Revised 11/19/09
- APA Tip Sheet for Websites - Revised 11/19/09
- Chicago Tip Sheet for Books - BEING REVISED
- Chicago Tip Sheet for Periodicals and Non-Book Media - BEING REVISED
- MLA Tip Sheet for Books and Book Reviews - Revised 11/09/09
- MLA Tip Sheet for Periodicals - Revised 11/09/09
- MLA Tip Sheet for Websites - Revised 11/09/09