Mendeley Desktop downloads will discontinue, Mendeley Reference Manager to replace long-term
From September 1, 2022, users will no longer be able to download and install Mendeley Desktop software. Existing users, who have already installed Mendeley Desktop, will continue to be able to sign into, use and sync their Mendeley Desktop.
Eventually, Mendeley Reference Manager will replace Mendeley Desktop. When we are confident that the new Mendeley Reference Manager sufficiently meets users' reference management needs, we will begin the process of stopping all sign-ins to Mendeley Desktop. Please note: we will provide you with plenty of notice before this happens.
Mendeley is a free software suite that makes research easier. It includes reference managerment, research discovery, cloud storage, and funding searches. The link below points to background information.
Created by GradCoach June 6, 2018
Learn how to use Mendeley Desktop, Web Importer & MS Word Plugin to manage your references and citations with ease. This tutorial walks you through the process step by step, from installation to citation in Word.
Covered in this video:
Tutorial - Installation & Setup:
- How to install Mendeley Desktop
- How to install Mendeley Web Importer
- How to install the Mendeley MS Word Plugin
Tutorial - Reference Building:
- How to populate Mendeley using drag & drop
- How to populate Mendeley using Mendeley literature search
- How to populate Mendeley using Web Importer
- How to populate Mendeley using manual entry
Tutorial - Citation & Bibliography Creation:
- How to change the reference style in Word
- How to add new reference styles in Word
- How to insert citations in Word
- How to edit citations to give the author the leading voice
- How to create a reference list/bibliography
A quick tutorial on how to import documents and references into your library
A walk through the Mendeley interface and how to organize documents within your library.