Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The following actions were completed in 2019-20:
- Moved Library services online to compensate for extended COVID-19 related campus closure
- Migrated to OCLC WorldShare Management System for improved access to e-resources, workflow efficiencies, and long-term cost savings
- Implemented unified login for ILLiad Interlibrary Loan
- Added Wifi access on stack tiers 3, 4, and 5
- Added new resources for Nursing and Health Sciences
- Supported the First Year Common Reading
- Simplified the General Research Guide that appears within all Blackboard course pages
The following actions were completed in 2018-19:
- Simplified and expanded off-campus database access
- Added a "Did You Know" box on the library home page. This is to increase awareness of requested services already in place.
- Improved performance and stability of computers in the stacks and Reference area; moved Macintosh computers to the first floor
- Clarified noise policies in public spaces with improved signage and policy language
- Upgraded touch-screen public scanners
- Reduced spending on database subscriptions, in cooperation with faculty
- Added more streaming video databases
The following action item is in progress:
- Revising Library Instruction to include more in-class workshops and online content
New initiatives for 2020-21 include:
- Developing and implementing specialized safety protocols for Library social distancing and materials handling
- Expanding use of video chat to support students and faculty in a hybrid learning environment
- Planning some online exhibits and events
- Expanding Nursing resources and support
- Overseeing the Evidence Library for the MSCHE accreditation site visit
Plans for future improvements you requested include:
- Replacing obsolete furniture and adding outlets in the Quiet Study Room
- Updating the Library Cafe; advocating to increase Cafe service hours
- Reconfiguring the Reference Commons and Library Service Desk
Spring, 2018 Survey Results- Scroll Down to View
What about the Library do you find most helpful?
How could the Library serve you better?